Thursday 7 January 2010

Snow

It's been a while since my last blog (5 months) but I really haven't had anything to blog about. I know, how boring am I????!!!! Anyway, I decided I would give blogging another try so decided my subject would be something I (& the rest of England) can't escape at the moment. SNOW!

England is currently facing it's coldest winter in 30 years & I for one am actually quite enjoying it. I love to watch the snow falling and having to wrap up because it's cold outside. We have experienced quite mild winters in England the last few years and I suppose in some ways I feel cheated. Odd I know but when you have mild, rather warm winters and dull, rather cold summers you basically get one season throughout the year. Obviously I don't enjoy the un-gritted roads, the ice and the havoc the snow causes, I'm simply enjoying something a bit different (I imagine I'm probably in the minority here). This could however change fairly soon as we are warned to expect this weather for a number of weeks. My next blog will probably be me
complaining about all the snow and cold weather.

Snow is not just covering our streets and countryside, it's also all over our TV screens. Our news channels are talking of very little else at the moment. Yesterday we were shown this rather cute picture of some Baboons in a Safari Park being fed hot baked potatoes to keep them warm in the snow.




Lastly, I thought I would post what I thought to be a rather fascinating picture. It's a satellite shot of England taken today.



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying the snow. I'm ready for it to go now. My Bambi legs don't like having to walk around in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow, Snow, Quick Quick Go.

    ReplyDelete