Wednesday 24 March 2010

My bugbears

I'm going to sound really silly now but I'm prepared for that and don't care! Last week I had a hissy fit at work - that really is the best way to describe it.

There I was, sitting at my desk minding my own business, when something caused me to turn around. Well, I was not impressed with what I found! There, on the top of my jacket, was a big thick stripe of brown dust. This is becoming a daily occurrence now. I work in a factory (well, I'm office based but there is a factory attached) and everyday people come in, covered in dust, and apparently have to lean on the back of my chair whilst talking to me and others in the office. It's been irritating me for some time now but last week it miffed me right off that I had a hissy fit right there in the office! Do the people responsible not notice that they are covered in dust and that this might actually transfer on to my BLACK corduroy jacket, or BLACK blazer whilst they're leaning all over it???!!! It just really winds me up. Is it not common sense? Anyway, I went about brushing all the dust off my jacket (not ever so successfully) but for the rest of the day and into the evening I was wound up. I also made sure everyone that was around at the time knew that I really don't appreciate this.

Ok, now I've got that off my chest here is bugbear no. 2. Again this is work related and really irritates me. My desk is a dumping ground for everyone else's crap. If a salesperson drops off some literature - goes on Laura's desk. If a sales rep. drops of some new products - goes on Laura's desk. Brochures - Laura's desk, promo stuff - Laura's desk, I think you get where I'm going with this one! Literally everything that comes into the office that isn't for a specific person just gets dumped on my desk. I have voiced my annoyance about this but again I went in to work today, having been off for the last two days, only to find a pile of booklets, brochures and two folders full of tile samples sitting on my desk. I can't even be bothered to mention it anymore, no-one pays any attention!

Well, I feel a little better for just getting that off my chest. Sorry for the moan, my next post will be more interesting and fun - maybe!


3 comments:

  1. The desk dumping used to annoy me too! You need to find something to put on the end of your desk so that they have nowhere to dump things.

    I am sorry to hear that you were "miffed right off" by the thoughtlessness of your colleagues. Have you tried screaming whenever anyone comes near you or your clothing? Or maybe you could try smearing something unpleasant on their clothing the next time opportunity presents itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathartic was it????

    At least you have a desk now.
    A year ago they couldn't have done that.
    Remember when you had to sit in the toilet because Jo had the desk......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'd forgotten about those days in the toilet! Bad times! ;o)

    It was quite cathartic actually. Working in that place I could come up with some sort of moan everyday.

    ReplyDelete